Monday, January 12, 2009

A Not-So-Graceful Start...

Sooooooooo Note to self: taking an anti-malarial pill every day when you're only supposed to take one every WEEK is really not fun. Especially once you get five days into it, I would say (though I haven't ventured further). Long story short--last night was hell. I thought I had a stomach bug and I've been super nervous about EVERYTHING! Turns out the side effects of accidentally O.D.ing on Melfloquine include mood changes, anxiety, and depression, as well as your body just wigging out. And here I just thought I was worried sick! Well three sleepless nights and a lot of fluid-loss later, I'm here smacking my forehead with my palm and hoping that I can sleep some on the plane. At least I won't have to deal with having a bug on the plane, and I sure as hell won't get malaria now! (bright side?) Any way, my liver function seems normal, thank God, and so does my heart rate, so I can leave without another hitch hopefully. Yeah reading the label more'n once has its perks when you're trying to juggle way too many meds.

I leave tomorrow morning before the sun to make a 7:am plane to NY. Then Wednesday is the big momma--that 12 hour flight that'll land me right in New Delhi. I still kinda can't believe it, and I haven't even really been able to make my good-bye calls and visits like I'd planned. Not the most graceful start to an adventure, but certainly bizarre.

Hope you all found this blog easily, and feel free to forward the address to other friends and family that won't find it on facebook (that'd sure help me out a lot).

No comments:

Post a Comment